Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Crappy printer ink system

My wife has started a custom design t-shirt printing business. I, being a big gadget nerd, decided to get her a "continuous flow" ink system. Well, let's just say that this is garbage. It makes a huge mess on your fingers, that is very difficult to get off. The "continuous" portion of the system does everything but flow "continuously". The ink that does make it to the cartridge inside fo the printer, flows at a free rate and you end up with globs of ink all over the paper. I could go on and on about this, but frankly, I am getting pissed again. I spent good money on this system that was supposed to be "GREAT." Well, it is turning out to be everything but.....To make things worse, there really is no instructions thta are included, just a half-done PDF on the way that it's supposed to work. The printer will work great, it's an Epson C88. The concern that I have is about the cost of ink cartridges these days. I will have to take out a loan just to stock up on ink for her. I will continue to tear away at thie system that I have and see if I can get it working. I really do hope that I can, because I can only cringe when I think about the cost of the ink that we will have to purchase if it doesn't. Pictures will be posted later of the system.